Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme Motherboard – MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME
Intel® Z690 EATX motherboard with 24+1 power stages, DDR5 with OptiMem III, Five M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 front-panel connector with Quick Charge 4+ Support, Dual Thunderbolt™ 4, PCIe® 5.0, Onboard Wi-Fi 6E and Aura Sync RGB lighting
- Socket LGA1700 for 12th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® Processors
- Intelligent Control: ASUS-exclusive tools including AI Overclocking, AI Cooling, AI Networking and Two-Way AI Noise-Cancelation for easy configuration
- Robust Power Solution: 24+1 teamed power stages rated for 105 A, ProCool II power connectors, MicroFine alloy chokes and premium metallic capacitors
- Optimized Thermal Design: Cold forged heatsink, enlarged VRM heatsinks plus integrated aluminum I/O cover, high-conductivity thermal pad, penta M.2 heatsinks and dual with embedded backplates and ROG Water-Cooling Zone
- High Performance Networking: Onboard Wi-Fi 6E, Marvell® AQtion 10Gb, Intel® 2.5Gb Ethernet, and ASUS LANGuard
- Fastest Gaming Connectivity: PCIe® 5.0, Gen 5 M.2 slots, USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 front-panel connector with Thunderbolt™ 4 support, rear triple USB Type-C® ports
- Industry Leading Immersive Audio: ROG SupremeFX ALC4082 codec with ESS® ES9018Q2C DAC for high-fidelity audio
- Unmatched Personalization: AniMe Matrix™ LED display, 2” LiveDash OLED, ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including one RGB header and three addressable Gen 2 RGB headers
- DIY Friendly Design: Pre-mounted I/O shield, PCIe slot Q-release, V-Latch switch, BIOS FlashBack™, Q-Code, FlexKey, Q-Connector, M.2 Q-Latch, SafeSlot, ROG Glavis and ROG graphics card holder
- Renowned Software: Bundled 1-year AIDA64 Extreme subscription and intuitive UEFI BIOS dashboard with integrated MemTest86
ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme represents the ultimate in enthusiast motherboard design for those who want the best possible option that excels at both air and liquid cooling for 12th Gen Intel® Core™ CPUs. And this platform is packed with the most features that you will find on a ROG Z690 motherboard, including heavy-duty 24+1 power stages, ASUS Enhanced Memory Profiles for top-notch DDR5 speeds, multiple PCIe 5.0 slots, and the exclusive AniMe Matrix™ LED Display.
Intelligent software solutions help ensure that your system performs at its best. The latest ASUS AI-powered enhancements span four pillars of performance, including overclocking, cooling, networking, and onboard audio, making advanced tweaks and optimization accessible to new recruits and savvy PC DIY veterans alike.
Provides greater electrostatic protection than the industry standard. ESD Guards cover the USB, audio and LAN ports.
Supplies stable 5-volt power delivery to all USB ports, with minimal power fluctuations to minimize data loss.
LIVEDASH OLED 2”
Indicates power status and potential problems with the CPU, memory, graphics card or boot device for quick diagnosis.
2 X SAFESLOTS
Provides stronger PCIe device retention and greater shearing resistance.
Makes tuning more intuitive by recording both the true highest and lowest core voltage and then passing the data to HWiNFO, AI Suite 3 and the onboard LiveDash OLED.
Both onboard chassis fan headers and a further three on the bundled ROG Fan Controller feature the ASUS Hydranode circuit, which utilizes a powerline communication protocol to control up to three daisy chained fans independently through each 4-pin connector.
At its default, the FlexKey functions as a system reset button, but it can also be easily set to quickly turn Aura lighting on or off, activate Safe Boot or enter the BIOS.
4 X Q-DIMM
One sided clips for super-simple, super-secure handling of memory modules.
Provides easy PCIe module swap with a single button.
The innovative Q-Latch makes it easy to install or remove an M.2 SSD without the need for specific tools. The design employs a simple locking mechanism to secure the drive and neatly eliminate traditional screws.
ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme is the kind of motherboard that uses stock clock speeds merely as a reference point. With its piles of teamed power stages working alongside high-grade capacitors and chokes, you get performance that can take high-powered processors like a 12th Gen Intel Alder Lake CPU and leave all competition in the dust.
ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme features unparalleled flexibility for either air or liquid cooling, thanks to a diverse array of heavyweight heat dissipation that keeps power delivery, M.2 drives and onboard components running cool under load, regardless of the available airflow.
ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme features the latest and greatest in connectivity, including the fastest GPU and storage device transfer speeds with PCIe® 5.0, the smoothest online gameplay with WiFi 6E and 10 Gb Ethernet, a host of rapid-fire file transfers with Thunderbolt™ 4.
ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme features best-in-class automatic and interactive performance optimization, including the TurboV Processing Unit, digitally controlled voltage regulators, Fan Xpert 4 and core-specific application assignment.
In addition to Aura Sync RGB customization, the ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme’s VRMs and I/O cover are graced with a new ASUS-exclusive design known as the AniMe Matrix Display, while a 2-inch OLED LiveDash can show live system information or user-customizable graphics.