Tough in the Field. Fast Everywhere.
- Thunderbolt speeds of up to 387 MB/s
- USB 3.0 for universal connectivity
- Bus powered for complete mobility
- Shock, dust, and water resistant for all-terrain use
design by neil poulton Product Overview
The new LaCie Rugged drive is the perfect solution for heavy data users whorequire extreme data security and mobility. With USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt ports, itis also one of the fastest bus-powered products ever. Now featuring two-meter dropresistance and IP 54-level protection against dust and water, the new LaCieRugged drive goes even further to protect precious data.
- On-the-Go Content Creators: Universal compatibility, mobility, durability, andlightning-fast transfer speeds let these users move data quickly, whereverthey go.
- Secure Mobile Storage: Protects against drops of up to two meters (6.6 feet),dust, water, being run over by a 1-ton car,2 and even against unauthorizedaccess with AES 256-bit software encryption.3
- Large File Sharing: Professionals, consumers, and students benefit fromuniversal connectivity and USB 2.0 compatibility to share large amounts ofdata with any standard computer.
- These transfer rates were achieved using AJA System Test with the SSD version connected to aMac computer via the Thunderbolt interface.
- Determined by a test that approximates a real-world scenario in which the hard drive remainedfunctional, despite aesthetic damage, after the product was driven over by an approximately 1-toncar (1000 kg / 2205 lbs).
- Encryption software is only available via download and is not available in Russia