- Shock-, rain-, and pressure-resistant
- Password protection
- USB 3.0: up to 4x faster than USB 2.0
The LaCie Rugged Mini drive shares features with our popular Rugged drive, likeshock resistance, drop resistance, and rubber sleeve for added protection. But theLaCie Rugged Mini is also rain- and pressure-resistant—you can drive over it witha 1-ton car, and it still works!1 Its small size makes it completely mobile, and itstough exterior provides protection against accidental drops, shock, or pressure.The Rugged Mini is the most compact member of the LaCie Rugged drive familyand will appeal to a wide range of users.
- Students: Store music, video, and confidential school documents on a securedevice that fits in a backpack.
- Travelers: Protect valuable data from loss, theft, or accident while on theroad.
- Photographers: Small form factor and toughness make this product perfect foruse in the field or to safely deliver large files to customers and partners, andencryption1 adds an extra layer of intellectual property protection.
- Videographers: Perfect for shuttling dailies or other footage to the studio andtransfering files quickly thanks to USB 3.0.
1 Determined by a test that approximates a real-world scenario in which the hard drive remainedfunctional, despite aesthetic damage, after the product was driven over by an approximately 1-toncar (1000kg/2205 lbs)