AMD TRX40 ATX MOTHERBOARD STR4 FOR 3RD GEN AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER SERIES PROCESSORS, WITH 16 POWER STAGES, ON-BOARD WI-FI 6 (802.11AX), 2.5 GBPS LAN, USB 3.2 GEN 2, SATA, THREE M.2, OLED AND AURA SYNC RGB LIGHTING
- Ready for the latest 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ series processors to maximise connectivity and speed with up to three M.2 drives, USB 3.2 Gen 2.
- Unmatched personalisation: OLED and Aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and addressable Gen 2 RGB headers
- Optimal Power Solution: 16 power stages with ProCool II power connector, high-quality chokes and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors
- Comprehensive cooling: Active cooling VRM and Chipset heatsink, stacked-fin heatsink, with on-board dual M.2 heatsinks and a water pump+ header
- Gaming connectivity: Three M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C port and Type-C front panel connector
- Gaming networking: 2.5Gbps LAN and Intel® Gigabit Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) with MU-MIMO, and gateway teaming via GameFirst V
- Gaming audio: High fidelity audio with SupremeFX S1220, DTS® Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III to draw you deeper into the action
- Easy DIY: ROG-patented pre-mounted I/O shield, Flexkey, ASUS SafeSlot, ASUS Node connector and BIOS FlashBack™ for a friendlier building experience
POWER DELIVERY ENHANCEMENTS
Digital power control and an array of power stages ensures ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming has the muscle to control the latest Threadripper CPUs.
1. ProCool II sockets are built to tight specifications to ensure flush contact with the PSU power lines and have a metal armor for improved heat dissipation. The connector’s lower impedance helps prevent hotspots and improves reliability.
2. 16 Power Stages: ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming has a CPU VRM with 16 power stages, delivering the power and efficiency that the latest AMD processors demand.
3. Superior chokes and durable capacitors are engineered to resist extreme temperatures and provide better performance than the industry standard.
TRIPLE PCIE 4.0 M.2
ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming features triple M.2 slots. The M.2_3 slot supports both SATA and PCIe 4.0 x4 modes, and the other slots support PCIe 4.0 x4 for NVMe. Together, they give you the fastest and most-flexible M.2 interface available.
ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming amps up networking with 2.5G Ethernet and next-gen Intel® Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) that surpasses gigabit speeds to take your LAN to the next level. With ROG GameFirst software that offers multi-gate teaming, you’ll enjoy the very best online gaming experience.
1. The latest 802.11ax standard delivers high efficiency wireless connectivity for better gaming enjoyment. As well as providing better network pings in multi-user environments, 802.11ax also greatly improves throughput and coverage over earlier standards. *SPEED MAY VARY ACCORDING TO SETUP
2. 2.5G on-board Ethernet kicks your LAN connection up a notch with an up to 2.5X bandwidth improvement. Using your existing LAN cable, you can take advantage this networking upgrade to experience smoother, lag-free gaming, immediately stream high-resolution videos and enjoy faster file transfers.
3. ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming features Intel Ethernet (I211-AT), ensuring data exchanges with your network and the outside world are fast and smooth. Intel LAN reduces CPU overhead and increases TCP and UDP throughput, keeping more processing power.
ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming is equipped with LiveDash, a built-in 1.3″ OLED panel that displays useful information and customisation graphics. During the power-on, self-test (POST) phase, LiveDash shows key progress stats in simple language and via traditional POST codes. Then, during normal operation, the panel shows a choice of CPU frequency, device temperatures, fan speeds or information from the Water Cooling Zone. You’re even able to customise the default LiveDash GIF, so that it’ll display your own image or animation.
STRIKING NEW DESIGN
ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming strikes an arresting pose, with or without RGB. A unique RGB rainfall pattern on the VRM heatsink provides a colorful accent to this critical component. The I/O shroud sports a laser-engraved ROG logo topped with an acrylic plate imprinted with ROG’s signature cybertext patterns, so switching on the lights illuminates a whole new aesthetic dimension — unique style with a cyberpunk edge.
PERFORMANCE LEVEL UP
AI Suite 3’s dashboard-style control panel lets you fine-tune almost every aspect of your system. Get the best balance between performance, cooling, stability, and efficiency via one simple and intuitive interface.
1. ACTIVE VRM HEATSINK
A VRM heatsink provides a large contact area for the MOSFETs and chokes, enabling more efficient cooling of the MOS heatsink for better performance and wattage resistance.
A backplate on the rear of the board helps balance MOSFET temperatures while providing structural reinforcement.
3. DUAL M.2 HEATSINK
The M.2 heatsink keeps the Dual M.2 SSD at the optimum operating temperature for consistent performance and reliability.
4. ACTIVE CHIPSET HEATSINK
PCIe 4.0 provides twice the bandwidth for data flowing through the chipset, which creates more heat than the previous generation. ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming features an actively cooled heatsink to prevent throttling during sustained transfers.
COOLER BY DESIGN
ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming series features the most comprehensive cooling options ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS.
MULTIPLE TEMPERATURE SOURCES
Each header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors for workload-based cooling. And all settings can be easily managed by Fan Xpert 4 or UEFI.
4-PIN PWM/DC FAN
Every onboard header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans.
AIO PUMP FAN HEADER
contained water-cooling setups.
WATER PUMP + HEADER
A dedicated header that can supply over 3A to high-performance PWM or DC water pumps.
SONIC STUDIO III
Sonic Studio supports HRTF-based (head-related transfer function*) virtual surround for VR headsets, casting an immersive aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action. The intuitive Sonic Studio interface also offers a range of EQ options and one-click presets, allowing you to tailor acoustics to suit personal preferences or the characteristics of your headset.
SONIC STUDIO LINK
The new Sonic Studio Link now allows you to apply Sonic Studio effects on all playback devices. Simply press the Sonic Studio Link button to enjoy the effect on any playback devices.
SONIC STUDIO VIRTUAL MIXER
Combine audio output from selected apps with audio from the microphone input and stream the compiled mix.
GAMEFIRST V NETWORK CONTROL
GameFirst V is an ROG-exclusive tool that optimizes network traffic and your connection for faster, lag-free online gaming. Select the best Wi-Fi channel for maximum stability and minimum interference, team your gateways and keep tabs on bandwidth-hogging apps, all from an intuitive interface that enables easy, on-the-fly adjustments.